Saturday, November 15, 2014

keb mo knows the blues!


Here I am, post-concert, hanging out, albeit briefly, with Keb' Mo'.
I had the great good fortune to usher this show at the Lucas. (Thanks, Shea!) What that truly means, of course, is I had the great good fortune to dance to all of his music.
So very fine a time!
The man has an enormous volume of music which he has crafted and he presented much of it tonight. My favorite was "She Just Wants To Dance". I told him tonight that I felt he had written that song for me. His response was beautiful and sincere: "I did."
I felt I could have swooned!
The other songs he sang tonight?
Well, there were "More Than One Way Home" and "Dirty Lowdown and Bad".
Then you have "Shave Yo' Legs" and "Am I Wrong" and "Life Is Beautiful".
And let's not forget "Kind Hearted Woman" and "Tell Everybody I know".
That last one is quite good - you might want to hear it twice!
But for just plain fun, "Government Cheese" is hard to beat!
(smile!)

No comments: