Friday, March 13, 2015

bobWHITE bobWHITE!



Dear Tony,

Tweet tweet! Chirp chirp!
Hooo hooo! Quack quack!
Cooo cooo!
BobWHITE bobWHITE!

A little bird told me I should send you a card to let you know you're in my thoughts.
the sentiment printed in the card

Yeah, I just had to throw on that last one! You probably even hear those birds up there in Summerville. I haven't heard any here. I have doves and owls and mockingbirds. Sometimes there are robins - I've counted as many as twenty in my birdbath! I also get cardinals and sparrows and a huge woodpecker.

Two years ago, I had two tiny woodpeckers. They laid claim to my flowering pear tree, encircling the trunk with tiny rows of tiny holes. as they spiral-hopped around it one day. I took some photos from the front door, but I hadn't wanted to scare them off. The photos aren't that clear, but I know what was going on!

This week is Spring Break. I have no plans to go anywhere, either. I'm having a stay-cation, as they call it. I am going to several of the Savannah Music Festival events, though, and for free! I'm an usher for them this year! I'm signed up to work at twelve concerts. So cool!

with my love!

***** ***** *****
(And on the back of the card, a pun!
I sent him the one about the four-loaf cleaver,
as St. Patrick's Day is Tuesday.
Woohoo!!!!)

No comments: