Thursday, December 31, 2015

adieu, 2015!



Tonight, as I catch up on various projects, including partially composed posts, I came to a realization.
Three blogs require quite a bit of time to keep up.
This coming year, the delights 2015 will come to an end, having served its purpose. It was to document the people, the events, and the places which brought a smile to my face and cheer to my heart...and that it did!
But at what cost?
This bit of beach, which I hold dear as my sounding board, my refuge, my virtual best friend, has been left largely on its own, with great expanses of time in which I am absent.
That will not do.
This bit of beach has also become a repository of monologues in which I was ranting at the world, or to the world, about humanity's lapses in kindness or judgement or respect.
That will not do, either.
I'm not saying that I haven't done plenty of those types of rants on this shore in the past. I certainly have, as you well know.
However, until this year, those postings have been interspersed between flights of fancy or soarings of joy, tempering the tone experienced on this ether coast, preventing a gray cast to these skies.
I had noticed the uneven, almost negative tone, sometime ago and sought to adjust what flotsam and jetsam washed up on these sands. There were even times when I reposted an entry from the "delights" blog to this site, or divided up a post to appear both here and there.
Even here and there.
And once, here, and here and there.
That separation of my logical mind from my frivolous nature may have also had a cost to my psyche. Perhaps having my beach cluttered with so much pain and so little pleasure has caused me to dwell too long on the darkness instead of following the light.
That will not do, either.
Henceforth, toward the sun's light and warmth I will face when I come to my beach!
Sure, sometimes clouds may block the light and cold winds dispel the warmth, but these sands will remind me of days of joy past and days of joy to come.
Even when we cannot see the stars, they are always there.
We must simply keep looking up.
(smile)

No comments: