Saturday, June 20, 2026

back to back bananas for me and stella!

For my last vacation in Georgetown with Stella, I'd been surprised to find the Banana Ball game on TV.
This time, I made sure to check their schedule!
That was a good call.
That meant I was prepared yesterday for the night game...
and I was prepared tonight for the second in that series of three!
 
Of course, I made sure to dine with my brothers last evening.
I wanted to talk with them about our Aunt Linda, who is in the hospital.
I am so grateful Smitty and Tony came with me for her Birthday Tea last year, spending quality time with her!
Nice for me to spend this quality time with family and friends at the S&K Friday Fiesta, too.
I jetted off about 7 PM, though, to make sure I got back to Stella before night fell... and before I missed too much of the game!
I arrived in time for the bottom of the 3rd inning in this game that pitted the Savannah Bananas against the Indianapolis Clowns in their home city of Cincinnati, Ohio, at the Great American Ball Park.
How very cool those aerial shots were, with the downtown surrounding that diamond of green!
The Bananas took the point for the first inning, the Clowns got the one for the second inning, and neither got a point for that 3rd one.
However, the Clowns, playing on the field they'd last been on 37 years ago, got a fire lit up by the crowd, taking the points for the next three innings!
That meant that at the bottom of the 7th, they led, 4 to 1.
Then Joe Gray, Jr. smacked a walk-off home run, bringing it to 5 to 1!
The Bananas managed to get the point for the 8th inning, but couldn't score again in the 9th, leaving the final at Clowns 5, Bananas 2.
Great game!
Tonight, here's the scene, with the same teams, same field, bottom of the 3rd inning.
Kyle Luigs was the starting pitcher for the Bananas and he had kept the Clowns from getting any runs.
That streak fell apart in the third, with the Clowns getting that point!
The Clowns also took the point in the 5th inning to tie the score 2 to 2.
Not to be outdone, the Bananas took the points for innings 6 and 7!
So exciting, with the thunder rumbling outside!
Their lead may have been aided by Hall of Famers for the Cincinnati Reds doing cameos on their team.
Both Adam Dunn and Aaron Harang played in those two innings!
But it wasn't time to count out the Clowns!
They got three runs in the 8th inning to take the point, bringing their score up to 3 against the Bananas' 4.
That's when they brought in Peanuts the Elephant to pitch in the 9th.
Although the fans loved it - as did I! - that may not have been the best for the team in this close game.
See, the Bananas had already scored three runs that inning.
However, Peanuts kept them from scoring any more, so that was good.
Sadly, the Clowns didn't score any runs that inning, so the Bananas took that game, 7 to 3.
There'll be a third game tomorrow, but I'll miss that.
Can you imagine?
The folks in that Ohio town are getting three Banana Ball games in a row!!!
Wow!
That means over 120,000 fans will have seen the games over this home stand.
That's amazing!!!

No comments: