Tuesday, November 12, 2013

closed until spring



Yesterday, I closed off the sunroom. No more cold air streaming from that corner of the house and permeating every other space.
I also closed the door to the guest room. The peace Guy is gone, away in ATL with a new love, and I doubt he will return anytime soon. I closed off the vent in that room, too. No sense in paying to heat that area when no one will be in there.
Closing off the guest room didn't bother me, though. I simply shut the door. That was much as Joe had done, when he thought the room was too messy for view. That was not anything new to me.
But closing off the sunroom... that is another story all together.
No more bright and cheery sun-yellow walls to look at while I wait for the coffee to percolate.
No more enjoyment of that space for morning breakfasts.
No more artificial enhancement of the size of my kitchen.
I shall miss this room.
I missed it this morning. Even though the sheet is a light blue-green and has pretty flowers on it and allows much of the light through, it is a reminder that winter is here.
But spring will come... and I will anticpate that delight.

No comments: