Friday, June 8, 2012

you must be dreamin'


Here I go again!
I'm taking on the Southern Cross Novel Writing Challenge, or rather, half of it. I doubt I can write more than 2000 words a day for the next three weeks, as I will be excluding weekends and restricting my endeavors to the day time hours, as if I were actually working for a living this summer. 25,000 words. That's the goal.
I'll keep you apprised of my progress, but please forgive me if I don't share the details. The last - and only other - time I engaged in this competition, my characters ran completely amok almost immediately, carrying on as if they were straight out of a Harold Robbins novel. If you don't know what I mean, then you might want to stray over to that portion in your nearest library for a little while. If you do know what I mean, then you KNOW what I mean!
I'm going to give this puzzle over to my brain for a while, let it develop something to get started, then who knows? I may wake in the morning rarin' to set fingers to keypad or the impetus to write may take a couple of days to fully develop - but it WILL be entertaining!

No comments: