Monday, May 13, 2013

rollin' rollin' rollin' RAWHIDE!


Hoorah! Another supercool odometer reading!
I was returning from my bff's house, where I'd had the definite honor of watching her talented daughter dance SIX TIMES in Saturday's recital. Woohoo!!! I loved every minute of it!
I also was treated to an early birthday celebration (maybe more on that another time) and what was surely the best Mother's Day that I've had since 2000.
Seriously.
Back to the story at hand!
When I realized that my odometer was about to hit a triple repeat of today's date, I acted quickly to make it memorable! To be cruising down a major highway, or veer off onto a side road and follow where it led? Well, lemme tell ya, ol' Robert Frost would be quite proud of me for choosing the path less traveled. Sure he would have!

I even had lunch at a restaurant that was brand new to me, satisfying my 2013 Resolution yet again. Sah-weet! The little place was called Pepper Jack's Deli and Grill, a homey-looking place in Portal, and the chicken tenders were quite tasty and moist! The location was good, too - right across from the high school and even sporting the school's colors and mascot. Nice!
The only down side was the detour added about three hours to my trip. Yikes! How so? Well, at some point, I must have wandered to the north, because I ended up near Statesboro before I caught the error in my internal compass. Ah, well, the weather was great, I had no time table to keep, and the car still had plenty of gas. No worries!

No comments: