Monday, May 27, 2013

thrice blessed!

I have just returned from yet another outing with my first niece! Incredible!!!
This makes the third consecutive day of spending time with her!
THAT is pretty magical, truly. Sometimes, we go weeks without seeing each other, even though she lives but seven houses down from me. But she is married, with children, and with jobs, so she doesn't have much time available for herself.
She is a young woman with responsibilities to others.
And I totally get that.
So I enjoy my time with her that much more, knowing she has others also calling for her lovely self to come brighten their lives.
I totally get that, too, as I am one of the ones desirous of her company.
But I do try to be patient.
And that patience has been rewarded amply!
On Saturday, she and I drove over to Bluffton, just the two of us! She had never been to Cheeburger Cheeburger, which is a shame as she is such a fan of hamburgers, so, on this day when we had just enough time between her engagements, we bopped on over across the bridge. Nice move! We both totally enjoyed ourselves, her with her laden cheeseburger and me with my portobello dream. Oh, and fried pickles, too! Then we had to race back home so she could get back to her regularly scheduled (i.e., overbooked) life.
Yesterday, Sunday, I was able to spend time with her again. Then again, you already know that!
Today, she and I went to an early showing of the Blue Sky movie, "Epic". Yeah!!! I totally enjoyed the battle of good versus evil, as did she. What a nice way to pass a few hours in the heat of a May day!
Definitely a birthday treat for me!



No comments: