Saturday, September 7, 2013

poor little tigers

Before the events recorded in yesterday's post, the following transpired. As I had really enjoyed the "company" that morning, here's the transcript from our texting to and fro.

5 Sept, 10:19 PM:
ex: Scott has already invited me to see Atlanta play in Detroit if they both go to the world series. High hopes, huh? :-)

me (the next day, 10:11 AM): Scott certainly has high hopes for the Braves, as he does every year. How ARE the Tigers doing?
ex: Wednesday night, the BoSox took them into a dark alley, mugged them and left them for dead. 20-4
me: OUCH.
me: What a drubbing.

ex: Yeah, I was at my favorite bowling alley with the Michigan craft beers that night. A beating that bad needs police involvement.
me: Hahaha! Maybe there was. Can u imagine how the fans wanted to storm the dugout? Ug-ly, with a capital UG.
ex: A lot of camera shots of Detroit skipper Jim Leyland looking UNhappy. He's pretty dog-faced to begin with, so just imagine THAT sight.
me: Hey, i am trying to eat breakfast here! lol! While I am thinking about it, did you get a chuckle about SCAD wanting to send you a check?
ex: Chuckle, hell. I'll jump up and kiss anybody that wants to just give me money out of the blue. :-)
me: Heard THAT. I'll get my first paycheck since May @ the end of the month.
ex: Don't they give you the option of spreading out your money over the entire year?
me: No. And as i am back to Adjunct status, the pay is roughly 1/3.
ex: Aw f&ck. I didn't know. I know you didn't want tenure track and the crap that goes with it. You going to be okay?
me: I will. i hope. May apply for advisor job there, i think i would like it. but i prefer to teach.

me (about 20 minutes later): Christina called and i didn't know how to talk and text simultaneously. Can u do that?
ex: I can but I don't know is *your* phone supports it. My Android does.
me: Oh, you did NOT go there! Everyone picks on my phone.
ex: I hit the back button while I'm in a call, then just go to the text area.
ex: I did not pick on your phone. I don't even know what kind of phone you have.
me: Maybe mine does that. will check it out. That 1st niece says "the 1980's called, they want ur phone back." just because it's a flip style.
ex: Like she'd know. In the 80's, cell phones looked like combat walkie talkies and cost God-knows-what per minute to use.
ex: That's right, it's not a smart phone is it?
me: No, no, no!
ex: Okay then - Now I'll make fun of your cell phone. :-)
me: No internet on my hip!
me: :-) Well fine. humph. (stomps off in a huff.)
me: Gotta jet! Bye!

ex: Bye! :-)

end transmission: 12:09 PM, in the lobby of the tire store

THAT was fun!

No comments: