Monday, September 2, 2013

tcb, y'all

TCB. The bfe likes to use that acronym and does so frequently. For those who don't know, it's taking care of business. The of is silent - or invisible, as it were.
Today, I've spent some time in tcb mode, but I don't know that many would grant me that.
This morning, after breakfast and blogging, I took out the trash. I had noticed a funky smell in the house and had finally tracked down its source last night. The bag of red potatoes I'd left on the cool kitchen floor had not weathered the loss of air conditioning on Friday. Some of the potatoes had become quite decrepit and disgusting. I had placed the bag in another bag and tied it off, then bundled that into yet another bag to prevent any leakage. Then I set it aside for this morning. After all, I was already in my nightgown when I found the bit of nastiness.
Then, as noon was fast approaching, I headed for the ball park for my boys of summer's last home game of the season. Hard to believe I'll have to wait for April of 2014 to see them again! I sat with Willie and Arthur, both almost as old as the historic stadium itself. I do hope they will be cheering alongside me in the spring!
The Gnats lost, but it was a tight game against Greenville. That's okay, the boys won the doubleheaders on both Friday and Saturday against this team. Losing the low-scoring, early afternoon games of yesterday and today was just a minor blip on their record and made for some good baseball for us to watch.
I came home, blogged a bit more, then decided I would grant my wishes of seeing a cheap movie and munching a bit of popcorn. Going to "Kick-Ass 2" at the Carmike around the corner granted both with a minimum expenditure of money. You see, the 4:00 to 5:30 PM matinees are only $5.50, so that saved me a few bucks. Plus, I have the magical popcorn bucket which refills for only $3.50. Wow! Big savings! So, I was even able to treat myself to a frozen Coca-Cola - super sweet, in every sense! And the movie was great fun, showing a very different Jim Carrey and boasting a positive message. Yeah!
After the movie, I felt refreshed! Time to do laundry! After all, I had one lonely pair of panties still clean and Nami's would be closed on Tuesday, as it always is. So, I dashed into the house, sorted the laundry, put dish detergent on the spots that needed to be out, grabbed some clothes hangers and off I flew!
But my beautiful laundrette was closed. On a Monday.
Well, this was no ordinary Monday, was it? No. It was Labor Day Monday.
Fine. I would use the alternate place I had scouted earlier this summer. I don't like it as much, mstly because she won't be there to talk to, but it's clean so it will do.
Or so I thought. This evening, it was fine when I first arrived, but became a madhouse by the time my load was done. So many others needing a Monday night wash, so many with small children! Arrrgh!
Still, it wouldn't have been such an ordeal if not for the phone calls received and made whilst there. The one received was to inform me that my stepbrother was back in the hospital again. He had barely a day at home before his heart became overtaxed from the tiny amount of oxygen it was receiving from his one partially working lung. I then called my eldest younger brother to let him and his family know.
Then, while making that call, my voicemail registered a missed call from the peace Guy. As he had been the one person I had wanted to call, I phoned him back while my clothes were drying to catch up on his day yesterday.
And the rain came.
No, literally. That's not a euphemism for me crying.
Well, not this time.
And, as my hangers had been strewn on the floor by a playing child while I was on the phone outside, due to no signal inside, I cut the call short. Then I gathered my clothes from the dryers, hung what needed hung, and threw the rest into the basket. Then I raced out of there and barely made it into the car before the rain started in earnest, replete with thunder and much glorious lightning.
It put my growing hissy fit into perspective and dwarfed it right out of existence.
I had a good chat with him about his book fair experience and his upcoming date for the evening and his early morning "one of us" meeting tomorrow. Then he went to tend to laundry and I took my laundry into the house.
Done.
I made tuna chowder for dinner, as I had all the ingredients: my milk, albacore tuna, olive oil, black pepper, and premium oyster crackers to top it all off. Yum!
And I've blogged some more, including this entry. The other entries are here, and here, and here. I guess I need to do a little better about blogging in a timely fashion, but... HEY! Life intrudes!
And this is MY blog.
If you don't like the way I do things, grow some blog of your own (to paraphrase Sir Elton John).
Peace, out, y'all.

No comments: