Sunday, September 1, 2013

i am Superman and i can do anything

The following is the transcript of a conversation which began on August 26 at 8:43pm.
*** *** ***
The peace Guy worte on fb: not quite sure what to think about this one. bald people have a certain attraction to me. i wonder if there's any research in that direction.

The Truth About Hair and Why Indians Would Keep Their Hair Long --

(The gist of the article is this: when trackers cut their hair to conform to military regulations, they lost their ability to sense the enemy. Completely.)

me: Baldness is linked to high testosterone levels, that's for sure. As for the 'long hair' article, that's quite believable. We are, after all, just another animal and there are plenty that use their head hair (think cat's whiskers) as sensors.

peace Guy: so when my hair reaches 10 inches and gets cut off for locks of love, am i going to lose my power like samson?

me: No, dear, unless said power is something you sense with the tips of your hair... oh, i guess that may be true, then and you will lose your ability to sense high humidity in the air!

peace Guy: i'm a whizz at sensing humidity with my hair!

me: True dat! But I don't think that's a qualifying super power... yet!
*** *** ***

I sure miss conversations like this in person, across my dining room table in the morning or late at night in the living room.
I miss him.
I know he is in a good place, with a good job and good folks around him.
But I still wish he were here.
Selfish of me, I know.
Such knowledge does not assuage my lonely heart and head.

No comments: