Monday, December 30, 2013

79 pints of blood on the wall, 79 pints of blood


Dear Dood,
I do hope you have received the package of new towels and such that I bought for you. I thought it would be nice to start the year with some new clothes. Of course I ordered them online at the site for y'all to make sure the items would be in regulation.
I'm recycling this card, even though this is the first time this card has ever been used. Say what?! Well, it's a Mother's Day card. It came with the package of cards, much as the Home Shopping Network is part of the cable package, even though I never watch that channel. As you are the "baddest Mutha" I know, YOU are getting the card!
Guess who called me this morning? The American Red Cross! I'm one of their VIP donors, Silver level, which means I have pledged to give blood at least three times this year. I had already planned to give today, so their timing was pretty good. The really nice thing? She kept thanking me for helping to save lives. After all, each pint donated helps three people. What a lovely first phone call of the day!
I'm sure you're wondering: how much have you donated? Well, I wasn't sure until now. She told me I've given 78 pints. Seventy-eight! Wow!
Happy New Year!
with my love!

postscript: In case you're wondering, these are not the usual cookies on this card. They're meringue cookies, a French treat. The whipped egg whites and sugar are formed in cookie tins and baked, then the sweet goo is put in the middle. These are typically small cookies, too - one bite and they're gone!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Universe via tut.ccsend.com

12/30/13

If you were able to look back at your most brilliant successes, stunning comebacks, amazing catches, and smokin' ideas, Faustina, and you were to find that virtually all of them seemed to materialize out of thin air, when you least expected them, and that they had exceeded even your greatest expectations at the time, how excited would you be about the new year and whatever else I've got up my sleeve?

Hubba, hubba -
The Universe

faustina said...

I've completed 14 gallons, but I suspect I've hit the end of my days as a blood donor.

Even since I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation in February of this year (2022), I've been on a blood thinner that prevents my donation.

I still hold out hope that one day that may change, but it most likely will not.
There is no cure for A-fib, only treatments to control it.

I'm blessed to have been able to give blood for as long as I did.
i thank You, God.