Tuesday, February 23, 2016

oscar film fest, short and sweet!


Barbara and I treated ourselves
to a special doubleheader
tonight -
Oscar Shorts!
Two blocks of films, each about 90 minutes long!
You know how much I love the shorts, right?
And see that ticket price?
She had ordered her tickets first, specifying the senior rate.
I followed, saying,
"the same for me, please!"
And so it was...
including the discounted ticket price.
Sah-weet!
The first block consisted of five films.
"S T U T T E R E R" was one of them!
Hooray!
I am so glad to have seen it again and she very much enjoyed it.
Such a sweet, modern, love story!
"Shok" was excellent, too, though quite serious and with a twist at the end. Highly recommend these two!
The next block started with another of my favorites from the SFF "extension": "Sanjay's Super Team"!
Now I've seen it three times!
This block contained quite a few films, but I especially liked "Catch It".
Hey, what's not to love about a bunch of *animated* lemurs chasing fruit and making funny, adorable faces?
(smile)
If you get a chance, catch these films!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Oh, before I forget again...

"S T U T T E R E R" won the Oscar for Best Short Film, Live Action!!!

Woohoo!!!

Read all about it here:
http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2016/0228/771464-oscars-irish/