Saturday, October 3, 2026

fairy unicorn princess in midway!


Not even the nearly-constant rain could dampen spirits at Susie King Taylor Freedom Park in Midway, Georgia, this afternoon!
Just look at that smile on the face of the birthday girl!
Chloe and her friend, Leela, had taken a break from the playground to do a bit of coloring.
Both girls were rain-soaked, but neither cared!
This was a party!!!
I almost took crayons in hand to color, but I went to chat with others instead.
When I returned, Michael and Alyssa had taken my place!  
I know the saying: You move it, you lose it!
I still sat down and talked with them for a while, though I never got around to coloring.
In the background are Melinda and Christina, both wearing pink as though they had coordinated that.
I doubt it! 
And just what was my first niece fiddling with back there on the table?
That was no ordinary table, it was a nachos bar and I made sure to get a nice helping of most of it!!!
Underneath all that nacho cheese, ground beef, black beans, jalapenos, and salsa is actually a bed of tortilla discs.
It was totally fantabulous!!!
In fact, I was so into that Mexican treat that I almost missed the singing of "Happy Birthday"! 
I saw that Matt was lighting the candles and I tried to hurry and get my camera pulled up and ready...
but the snap just missed Chloe blowing out those eight little flames!
At least Aunt Chelsea was right there with cousin Annaleigh, and so was Grammy and Christina!
Anthony's mom, Tonia, was in her wheelchair and had a great view! 
Then it was time for cake and ice cream!
Silly me, I forgot my lactaid, but I still had a piece of that tall cake! 
I liked the puffy unicorn plate - isn't that cute?
And the cake was so very good that I even ate most of the icing - I did!
Then it was time to open presents, of course!
And was that a familiar face on the woman in the white T-shirt?
Sure enough, it was Kaleigh Cobb, down from Charleston with her fiance, Mac!
I'd spoken with them and Michael while I ate my nachos and it was very nice to get to know more about both of them.
They'll be going to the Savannah Bananas game tonight, if the rain lets up.
Back to the opening of the presents! 
Specifically, the opening of the Minions bag of goodies from me!!!
Here, Chloe paused to read the card.
Why?
Because her Grammy said so, that's why!
(smile!)
Next, she pulled out the book, which I had not even shrouded in tissue paper.
Nope! 
"Creature DIScomforts"!!!
What's this???
A book she'll never see anywhere else, full of beasts and words she's never seen before!
I just -LOVE- this expression on her face!!! 
(smile!!!)
Finally, she reached for the last item...
and it was in wrapping paper!
Oh, joy!
"I love to tear off the paper, " she said!
I'm so glad I remembered she liked that.
When she revealed the little fancy suitcase of art supplies, she held it up high - there were even unicorns on the outer design!!!
Grammy will let her open it later - no need to lose any of the pieces inside!
What a great party!
Later this month, it'll be their turn.
Leila and Alyssa will be 12.
Can that possibly be right???
Yes, yes, it can be and yes it is.
They are so different from each other!
Leila even commented that she wished she could have her own birthday party, but when you're a twin, that doesn't happen until you're grown and on your own. 
As for me, I have been wearing my yellow unicorn tiara ever since I first put it on at the party!
Isn't it gorgeous?!
And see that little pink unicorn ponytail holder at the end of my braid?
That was in the 'treat bag' that all the kids - even me! - were given by my first niece!
She always spoils me by making sure I get one of those, too.
Muchas gracias, mi cara!

No comments: