"What was the change, dear? Wasn't this a Music Bingo night?"
Yes, yes, it was, as in past tense. Apparently, the folk running the bingo had not obtained rights to play those song snippets, so they had to immediately cease. Drats. Elissa and her son, Isaac, had been told the sad tale upon their arrival at Midtown Sports Grill. So, after Marcia and I came in, we all voted to have dinner somewhere else!
"Hey, I bet I can guess where! You're at Chili's, aren't you? I'd recognize those ultra-thin tortilla chips any time!"You're absolutely correct, my dear! Their "3 For Me" deal, and the promise of lemonade, was the winning element for Marcia. Me, too! I upped my game from the last time and had the Shrimp Cajun Alfredo - I knew I'd have leftovers from that! Marcia gave me half her fries, too. And we had tons of chips and salsa, between the one that came with my meal and her freebie from their loyalty club.
"Good deal! And you wore a pink handkerchief??"
Nope, that was from my luncheon with Kathy Mayin earlier today! My burger box was clad in that hot pink bandanna! That's the gimmick at Bandanna Burger: everyone goes home with a bandanna. And I know I called it a 'burger box', but that wasn't a beef patty in there. Nope! I ordered "The Con Artist", which was one of those new plant-based 'burgers'. It shared space on the bun with pineapple, pickles, tomato, lettuce, and onion, and was quite hearty and very tasty. Next time, though, I think I'll try their black bean patty and see how I like it. Kathy just ordered sweet potato fries. Originally, we were going to share each other's food, as this was our first time at this restaurant."Originally? The plans changed?"Yeah. She decided the burger looked too messy for her, but she was still going to share the fries... up to the point where she ate the last one! I only got two of them!
"Hahahaha!"
Yes, we both laughed about that! Honestly, it was a nice place to hang out, with all those brightly colored squares of cloth all over. It reminded me of Sweet Potatoes, and how much I enjoyed that bright place on rainy days like today. We'll both have to come here again!




No comments:
Post a Comment