Sunday, February 14, 2016

asparagus pee and ribeye fingers


And in between, a second viewing of "Deadpool", this time in BIG D and with my first niece!
(Thanks, Christina, for agreeing to change your mind!)

This has been a truly wonderful day!
It began with a Valentine's Day Pot-Luck Brunch with the 40+ Women's Social Network!
Eileen was the hostess with the mostest for this special occasion and she greeted everyone with pink pearl necklaces!
How very nice!
Someone brought asparagus with raspberries and walnuts - woohoo!
And Lisa M brought peanut butter balls! With toasted quinoa and coconut! Outrageously good!
Lots of other yummy goodies, too, and lots of folks I don't get to see - and dance with! - often enough - Kim and Dawn and Barbara and Michelle!
Plus I met some new folks, too!
And... I won a prize in the raffle!!!
Yep, that's right! I won a prize! The very first prize, too!
Dinner for two at Carlito's!!!
How about them apples!

After two hours, time to move on to the next fun get-together!
My first niece had texted to see if I wanted to go to a movie with her.
Her company? You betcha!
That particular movie? Eh.
But for her, I would go.
After I had stood outside in the ticket line, in the crazy cold, for almost fifteen minutes, she finally showed up.
We stood in line some more.
Then, as we reached the ticket window, she says
"We could see "Deadpool" instead. I think I would like it."
i thank You, God!!!
And so we did that very thing, with me seeing it in a vibrating chair and reliving my youth again!
Hallelujah!!!
And guess what?
She loved it, too!
With such a killer soundtrack, how could she not?
(smile)
The good folks at Wynnsong even gave each of us a real red rose for coming out today!
How very sweet of them!
What pretty little buds!
And they had even de-thorned them!

Then, I was off to the American Legion!
Post 36 had lured me to return for this Valentine's Day Special Steak Night!
I had placed my order on Thursday for a ribeye, cooked medium well, and I ready to dig into it!
So very juicy!
Nice salad, too, and baked potato and corn on the cob!
But you know what cinched the deal?
Do you know what let me know I was at the right place at the right time?
Pineapple upside-down cake.
You heard me!
Thanks, Sam.
I really appreciate that, man.

What a fabulous day this has been!




No comments: