Friday, September 9, 2016

wishing them strength


I cried that night as I drove toward Muse Arts Warehouse.
You see, I was riding out to see the beautiful JinHi in what may well be her last play.
Trust me, I have taken pains to remain upbeat and positive in her presence.
It's important to treat the dying as the person they still are in their disease-riddled body.
I learned that lesson while my father was dying.

But, behind the relative distance granted by ether and the screen of a monitor, in the benevolent social forum provided by facebook, I have come to tears many times.
She has used that forum to provide knowledge of her treatments, of her pain, of her struggle against the many forms that cancer has taken in its attack on her body.
Truly, that attack has been limited to her physical being.
The disease has held no sway over her brave spirit, over her indomitable nature, over the bright flame which is her essence.

How very unfair that she and her love will not be allowed to grow old in each others arms.
How very unfair.

Happy 16th anniversary to her and Mark.

No comments: