Monday, September 5, 2016

emails to north georgia


Hey, Dood! Christina invited me to her Nana's house on Saturday for a family barbeque. That was a lot of fun! Venita and David are still doing well, though David has had quite a few health scares the past few months. Christina was there with her new boyfriend, Christian, as well as his 6-year-old son. Poor guy, everyone kept calling him "Jason" instead of Christian.
Michael was there with his twins, too. Hard to believe they're almost two years old now! Both girls are getting so tall and they NEVER stop moving! I mean it - they NEVER stop! Just like the Everready Bunny!
Today, I drove out to the cemetery for a while. Such a lovely day for that! The storm had kept me at home all day and night on Friday, but it's been beautiful weather, and a little cooler, ever since then. Hallelujah! I have certainly needed a break from the heat! I think I will put off any work on the A/C until next year. :-)
What else? I have not heard from Smitty for several weeks. He was to call me when he got a new computer so we could see about getting his files updated. I guess I will call him tomorrow and see what's shaking. It's been about four months since I've done any work with him on his company files.
Love you, Tony! Hope the weather up there has begun to cool a little, too!

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

That was the email I sent to my youngest brother tonight.
That's right: email.
He sent the first one to me almost a month ago. I didn't actually see it for about a week, as the email account I use for JPay is not one I frequent often anymore.
I responded, but balked when the service asked for payment.
After all, I'm on a rather fixed income and certainly was then. Plus, I had recently sent him some funds, so my purse was definitely light.
It wasn't until I received the second email from him that I decided to respond. The cost? Seven dollars for twenty "stamps".
Not bad, especially as there was no service charge tacked on.
Since then, I've written three times. Each time I do, I include and extra "stamp" for him to write me back.
If I do so every three or four days, it will run me that $7 per month, for ten messages to him and ten messages he can send to me.
That's almost a conversation, compared to the slower regular mail service.
I'll have to find out who else can send emails to him. Folks may need to be placed on his visitation list to do so, but that can be arranged.
I'll have to remember to ask him about that.
Times they are a-changing, that's for sure.
(smile)

No comments: