Saturday, September 24, 2016

hangin' out with old fogeys and young whippersnappers at the lucas and beyond!


The adventure began on Thursday!
There I was, ushering for "Johnny Mercer & Me", a musical I had been longing to see ever since I caught wind of it.
Written by a Savannahian, about a Savannahian, and playing in an old-timey venue that's pure Savannahian - you bet this Savannahian wanted to be there!

And so I was!
How truly wonderful!
It wasn't until later that I realized I had seen a preliminary form about three years ago, at Muse Arts Warehouse. No worries! 'Twas marvelous to sing along again!

On Friday afternoon,
back to the Lucas
I went!
This time,
food trucks were
in attendance, too!
It was time for
an old-fashioned
block party

in honor of
the theatre's 95th
birthday
!!!
Raffles!
Live art creation!
There was even a band
playing out front
in the street!

I had one of
the best jobs
in the house, too!
Crafts with kids!!!
You know how I enjoy doing crafts!
Susie Ingram manned one table upstairs
and I was in charge of the other.
Such fun!
Necklaces and bracelets at hers,
with us testing the materials first,
of course!
(smile)

At my table, all kids -
no matter the age! -
could make matinee cards
using the many bright
markers and crayons.
They could make bowties -
or hairbows! - too!
The matinee cards were hung in
the lobby for all to admire!

To finish out the
95th birthday celebration,
"Gone With The Wind"
was shown -
for free!
Local artist Panhandle Slim
honored the occasion
with one of his
characteristic paintings,
based on a quote
from the film.
What a fabulous day!

This afternoon, I ventured into the company of children once more!
This time, I went to the Savannah Children's Theatre for "How I Became A Pirate".
What a special treat for me!
It was a musical!!! With songs about green teeth and pirate lore!
Absolutely fun, FUN, FUN, me hearties!
(smile!)

I finished my Saturday off with a free-for-me event: a choral concert at Armstrong!
It was the closing concert of the 17th annual Southeastern Choral Arts Festival
Such marvelous young singers!!!
Whether the music was operatic or folk, classical or contemporary, it was pure joy to the ears!

i thank You, God, for this abundance of music!

No comments: