Tuesday, October 25, 2016

happy 49th, Dood!



This is my youngest brother's 49th birthday.
He's the one in the white shirt.
I do hope he will be back in Savannah for his 50th.

Since he and I have "email" communication now, I sent the following.

"Dearest Tony,
Happy birthday! I know you don't recall the day you were born, but I sure do!
There we all were, the whole family watching television after dinner that evening.
Then Mama got up to go to the bathroom and next thing you know, she and Daddy are off to the hospital because her water had broken!
I think Mary Norman came over to watch us...
Mama wasn't at the hospital even an hour before you came into the world! I guess you just couldn't wait one more minute to come into the world!
I'm hoping you will still have a blessed day, even if you are still on lockdown.
Know that my thoughts and prayers are always with you, but even more so on this day.
with much love from your one-and-only ever-loving sister!"


I wasn't able to go see him this year, due to my hands.
I really missed being able to give that visit to him this year.
Soon, the weather will shift and I will have to wait until spring to see him.
That'll be fine.
My hands should be good for long drives by then.
(smile)

No comments: