Saturday, October 8, 2016

shark and jet


Alpha Storm Central was the first think I heard this morning.
My little emergency radio found the station in the midst of all the static after Hurricane Matthew.
I am so grateful that it can be powered by solar panels, rechargeable batteries, or a hand crank.
Right now, it is using the battery power, but I will place it in the window for sunlight now.

However, earlier, when I was searching for normalcy, I found Shark and Monty Jett, on the air and sending sound waves of hope and music.
I responded.

0809:
Thanks for being out there.
I do not have a smart phone, but i do have an emergency radio.
Your lifeline is keeping me sane here in midtown Savannah.


0843:
faustina of midtown again.
Are you both fans of west side story?
Nice names!
Very blustery here.
No power since about 1 AM this morn.
Thank God for gas so i can still make coffee.


My many thanks to Alpha Storm Central, otherwise known as Alpha Media Savannah-Hilton Head.
They broadcast here on five stations:

WFXH-FM Rock 106.1 (studio concert with Michael!)
WGCO-FM 98.3 Hank FM
WRWN-FM Rewind 1079
WUBB-FM BOB 106.9
WXYY-FM G 100.1
WHHW-AM 935 The Island

Believe me, your lifeline during the aftermath is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Please note:

As I did not have power, I could not have made the post on the date that I wrote the text messages.
However, it was very important that I use the date of my text messages.
Thank you for understanding.