Wednesday, October 12, 2016

pour boiling water over the coffee



I least I still was able to have coffee.
I don't know that my poor sanity would have had a fighting chance this past week if I didn't have coffee to look forward to in the mornings.
i thank God i still have a gas stove and matches.
I was still able to boil water.
Then I would pour that water over the coffee in the filter cup of my coffeemaker...
and pour the coffee from the carafe into my waiting mug.
Nearly normal.


I look forward to an absolutely normal breakfast tomorrow, the first one I will have had since Friday morning.
I know that was not quite a week ago, but it sure seems longer.
Now, it's dinnertime.
I was able to salvage the rest of the pierogi and a package of mixed greens from the ruined contents of my refridgerator and freezer.
With them, and some canned chicken, I have reprised my dinner from Friday night.
Polish chicken and dumplings.


Here's to a better day tomorrow.


2 comments:

Kevin bear said...


Kevin Crabtree
October 14 at 6:01pm

so glad you're safe.

faustina said...

LOL!
I finally thought to include a link for the Masters Of Reality song that inspired the post title.
That song is T. U.S.A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WKH_MQ1tSc