Monday, October 17, 2016

music, musical, and a movie, too!



Last night ended a weekend of healing... i thank You, God.
On Saturday, I continued my outreach to loved ones.
That project has been very helpful to me, assuring others - and myself - that my ship is returning to a more even keel in less turbulent waters. I know my rebound will be faster than that of Fort Pulaski, shown above (courtesy of a news crew's helicopter flyby). The tides from Hurricane Matthew went well above its eleven-foot walls.
The boundaries of well-being for my psyche are well on their way to recovery, thanks to the many sources of music over the past two days. Most of it was free, too!
Saturday evening, I was volunteering at the Lucas for one such event. The Savannah Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus gave me a big dose of classical pieces! "Mozart's Requiem", with its opening sonorous beat and spine-tingling harmonies. By the end of that hour-long symphonic production, there is no doubt that God is in charge, as always, and the world will continue on.
Then I was also treated to hear another familiar Mozart tune, his "Symphony No. 40 in G Minor". Nice encore!
Of course, part of my joy was being able to dance there in the little back hall, in view of the stage, but out of the line of sight of the audience. Best of both worlds - to have the music of a favorite composer and to move to it!
So very good to see familiar faces again, too! Judy and Don and Lucille and Jeanne Purcell and Joe of New Jersey! Stan was there, as well as Pat, but they were just being part of the audience this time.
(smile)
Sunday brought a lot of familiar faces around me, too! Hallelujah! I had missed that last Sunday, when I had wended my way through torn streets in search of solace... only to find the church was closed. Asbury Memorial UMC was still alive and well, giving us God on Broadway with the musical, "Hello, Dolly"!
Oh, so glad to be back where I belong!
(smile)
I had Mama's tuna chowder for lunch. Always a good call!
Then I bopped downtown for the Savannah Theatre Company's free gift to help heal the spirits of Savannah - "Rewind!" How very kid of them! I loved hearing those songs from old television shows again, too.
Ah, memories from a happier time to brighten the day!
Afterward, I had a nice long chat with a couple of sweetie pies, Paul and Cathy. Guess what she and I talked about for thirty minutes? Sewing! LOL!
Then, out the door I went again!
I had a "free movie" ticket from Carmike Cinemas that was soon to expire. What to see, what to see???
"Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" would be just the thing! I had tried to get that on the short list for Tina Tuesday, but to no avail. Now, I could see it and it would be free... and, as it turned out, so was my popcorn and soda. Wonderful!
So was the movie. The excellent story about finding bravery in oneself against the threat of invisible trees (almost literally) was a timely message for me.
i thank You, God.

No comments: