Monday, October 31, 2016

t rex and oogie boogie, too!


A dinosaur!
Stomping
around
in the
Learning
Center!!
In the
middle
of the
afternoon!!!

Sure enough,
it was a baby
Tyrannosaurus Rex,
waving its
tiny little
arms about
as it
ran amok!
Awww...
How very cute!




What was the special occasion?
"Bring your favorite prehistoric beast to school" day?
No, silly!
It was Halloween!
I was even wearing my "scary pumpkin" t-shirt today!
I was at the LC for my usual Monday Office Hours.
Only one student showed up, but that was okay. I had plenty to grade while I waited.
Plus, I had the dinosaur as entertainment.
(smile)

After tonight's lecture on reaction kinetics and equilibrium, I bounced over to the Muse Arts Warehouse.
Odd Lot was getting to do a Halloween-themed show on...
wait for it...
Halloween!
Such a treat!

Here, an eleven-headed monster
is attempting to tell us
a story called
"The Origin of Halloween".
What a hoot!!!
Being a monster,
it mistook
"origin"
as some kind of creature!
(Good going, Zach!)
Very funny!

The cast of the improv troupe weren't the only ones clad in costumes!
Not by a long shot!
These five were part of the many contenders in the costume contest earlier in the show.
(They were all very gracious about losing to a little boy dressed as a teen-age mutant ninja turtle.)
(smile)
My favorite was the "low-cost Batman".
He reminded me of my "buck-toothed vampire" costume that I wore for one of Monica's Halloween parties at the A-frame!
Ah, good times!

Oogie Boogie had been a late arrival for the show, but he had almost stolen it!
Well, for just a few moments...
(smile!)
Happy Halloween, y'all!

No comments: