Thursday, October 20, 2016

there's a light, in the darkness


... of ev-er-y bo-dy's life!
I do so love that song!!!
Even with someone other than Susan Sarandon singing it!
What an absolute treat tonight lay in store for me on the telly!
You see, I had glanced at the article about the reprise of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" coming up some time on tv...but I figured it was about some new series and didn't read it.
Tonight, I had no particular plans. I had been at sixes and sevens all day and had thought I'd go see the new play about a woman in red. Honestly, though, I couldn't seem to get revved up about it.
I had gone to the store today to at least partially restock my fridge and freezer... and had dropped a hundred bucks on the effort.
Ouch.
Maybe I would just stay in this evening...
and what a right decision that turned out to be!
For comfort, I had my variation on Mama's salmon chowder for dinner. That meant I'd had that dish four times in the last eight days. In fact, it was the first thing I cooked when power came on last Wednesday and I had milk again.
As I dined, I watched the two episodes of "The Big Bang Theory" that are re-aired from 7 PM to 8 PM on FOX.
That's fairly common, if I am home at that time of night.
Then, I was a little slow to turn the tv off...
and what a good piece of fortune that was!
As soon as I saw that little usher come on, I knew I was in the right place, at the right time!
"The Rocky Horror Picture Show: Let's Do The Time Warp Again" was following my boys of science!!!
And no, it was not some new series... not at all! It was the entire play!!! Complete with audience par-ti-ci-----pation!

You bet your bippy that included me!
I danced, danced, danced
as Frank-n-Furter strutted and moued and moved about on the stage!

And here's my favorite part:
bad boy biker Eddie,
clad in black leather
and racing in on a black beast!
(Of course, I prefer Meat Loaf, myself!)
(smile!)

And what a blast that Tim Curry was part of the celebration of the play's 41st anniversary!
Hooray!!!
i thank You, God, for allowing my silly self to stay home to bear witness to this visual and aural feast, and for the presence of mind to contact others about its airing, too!
What great comfort to know I shared the experience with so many who are dear to me, even though we were not physically together.
Yes, indeed.

No comments: