Sunday, August 4, 2013

before and after pics

I had meant to post this last week, but I forgot/got busy/was lazy. You decide!
No, really. This should have been an addendum to the post last Thursday. Well, actually, it should have been the following day.
But it wasn't.
Better late than never!
Anywho, as you may recall, I had gone over the border to visit with my stepmom. We'd done our meal-and-a-movie thing, catching up on life, then she had returned home to responsibilities to others. I did not have any such things, so I stayed and had another movie. Actually, "The Way Way Back" had been our alternate choice that afternoon, but we had opted for age before youth.
Now, I was passing time before the concert film I wanted to see at 7:30 PM. It's been a while since I went to a concert and I had never been to one of their concerts, so this seemed a prime opportunity. Who? No, I wish! I'm talking about The Grateful Dead. I was never a stoner, so, even though I liked their music, I never felt compelled to shell out the money to see them.
So, long story short: I enjoyed seeing Steve Carrell play a twisted jerk in the movie about the teenager. I enjoyed seeing naked young folks in the Sunshine Daydream. I did not care for the extended and discordant guitar jam (in the latter) that went on and aon and on for nearly thirty minutes, lulling all of the audience into a stupor. Maybe it's a good thing I never went to one of their live concerts!
Between these two movies, I had dinner, again at Cheeburger Cheeburger. Something different, something different... yeah, I'll have the footlong hotdog! And so I did, adding banana peppers, pickles, and pineapple to it. That last item surprised the waitress, but proved to be the perfect touch!


I also had the split basket of french fries and quite tasty onion rings.
Yum! You see the picture at the upper left, right? They're every bit as tasty as they look, too. Not having time (or room) to finish them, I took the remainder home with me. The next morning, I broke the fries and rings into small chunks, then heated them in the skillet, adding scrambled egg to the hot mix. Instant frittata! Two tasty meals! And rather pretty, too, as the upper right photo shows.
I'm going to have to remember to do that combo again!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Interesting. I never heard of Cheeburger Cheeburger. Just did some research and learned that they are a chain in Florida.

faustina said...

Sadly, I was over in Bluffton last weekend and the restaurant is gone. You may want to check out Cahill's Country Kitchen, as it is very good, fresh, and old-timey Southern.