Saturday, August 24, 2013

fencing, u say?

I miss the peace Guy.
Sure, he comes to town about once a month and stays with me, so I get to see him when a lot of folks don't.
That's very nice and lets me know I am special to him.
But I miss talking with him every night.
Now, we have texting, though not every day.
It's not nearly as satisfying, but we do have some good talks.
Here's one from three days ago. Keep in mind that the day before all of this is when he found he had been given his desired work shift for the next few months: 10 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday through Friday, with weekends off. This is the first time he's had evenings and weekends off for several years.

me: I am sure that when u wrote [on fb] 'men in ATL suck' u meant 'men in ATL bars suck'. which means, as always, u r in the wrong place, dear.
me: Men in bars r looking 4 sex. Period. U need other social outlets. Srsly. U have lots of time to find Mr. Right. U r going to b in ATL for a while.
me: Slow down, you're moving too fast, got to make the moment last... and meanwhile, u have Rocky Palmer and and his 5 talented dancing fellows to ease ur tension.


him: Feeling groovy today. But not having any luck online, either.

me: U need real people, not cyber dudes.
me: Glad u got the song reference!

me: No queer quaker group? srsly, there should be.
me: Got class @ 6. u get Creative Loafing, check out some group activities. please?
me: U may even take up fencing! :-)


him: Fencing? You've got 2 b kidding. Do i look like erroll flynn 2 u? Lol

me: Well... U would have to lose the chin hair! hahaha!

after class...
me: I am so glad you will soon have 'normal' working hours! u will be able to hang out with people who r not energy vampires.
me: I think when u start getting off @ 6, u will have plenty of time to wind down. that will be great!
me: Plus, u will be tired. Fencing is hard work!


No comments: