Monday, August 5, 2013

bridge builder

I just heard back from the peace Guy. He had left yesterday evening, heading out to a new chapter in his life, heading into rain, heading for Grant Park.
He's found a new place to live, in his budget and quite pretty inside and out. The front yard even has a white picket fence! (Though I think the pickets are actually metal.) He and I had discussed white picket fences on Saturday, when I rode with him to deliver a load of his furniture. I had not yet seen the house where he now had a room and a shared lower floor, with kitchen, dining room, and living room. I was talking about my little sister in San Diego and how fortunate she was to have the very things she had wanted, including a white picket fence. The peace Guy mentioned that he had wanted those same things.
After we reached our destination and had offloaded the truck and re-installed the legs on the chest of drawers and desk, I was hanging out in the front yard, waiting on him to return to the rental truck. As I am wont to do, I snapped a couple of pictures of the house and yard, traipsing across the street for the shots. In particular, I had noticed the oval stained glass window with the hummingbird motif, against the wooden shaker shingles, and wanted a photograph of it. Then he came out, we got back in the truck, and away we went.
The next day, which was only yesterday, I posted one of the pictures on facebook on his page. I had not realized, until I had saved the picture and really looked at it, just what it showed. White picket fences.
I know he did not realize it until I pointed it out on his page.
He had once wanted them and now he had them.
Coincidences are funny things.
Good things.
I like this new phase of his life.

No comments: