Friday, March 21, 2014

carpe diem


Yes, that's me,
wearing my "Unchained" kickstarter-reward
T-shirt,
at Butterducks Winery earlier this month.
Lookin' pretty svelte,
right?
Ah, the funhouse magic of mirrored surfaces,
either squashing you down and expanding your middle, or lengthening your stance and slimming you up!


I cannot seem to get this image out of my mind.


You see, it jibes quite well with the image of me I carry around in my head all the time. Yes, indeed, that's me at 18 years old, ready to take on the world and sail the seven seas!
But that hasn't been my physical self for better than... well, let's say half my life, shall we? Possibly a bit longer.
Sure, sure, I had lost weight before I went on my Italian avventura in May of 2012, but then I gained it back. Almost all of it, too.
Not the first time I've done that.
So, last Thursday, I heard a commercial: free registration at Weight Watchers until May something-or-other.
That might be a good idea. I know I should have an annual exam coming up in the near future and I know my quantity of pounds will probably dominate the conversation. Maybe I should plan a pre-emptive strike, surprise the doctor.
Maybe I should.
Oh, that sounds like a plan destined to never happen.
Maybe? Should?
Fine.
So I checked out the meeting times. Hey, what do you know? There's one at 6:00 pm - I could go to that. Then again, the one on Mondays at 11:00 AM will fit in better with my schedule. That's at a decent time, too. I'll go ahead and register for that one. If I register online, that'll make sure I go to it.
Hell's belles, why not register for the one at 6:00 pm and go to it. I could still be home in plenty of time for "The Big Bang Theory"...
And that is exactly what I did.
And last night, before my "steak dinner", I weighed in at my meeting.
Seven pounds gone already.
What a different Spring Break I've had this year, traveling to a virtual space in me, instead of a physical place for me. Neither destination is new to me, but this space has proven the less costly destination as well as having the probability of being better for my head.
Keep that image to the forefront, girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Universe theuniverse@tut.com via tut.ccsend.com

Mar 21

to me

Has it occurred to you, Faustina, that wherever you go, you are my eyes, my ears, and my voice; my arms, my legs, and my everything else, too?

Well, I vote for more flowers, more music, and more "I love yous." More hugging, more skipping, and more naps.

But that's just me.

Xoxoxoxoxoxo,
The Universe