Thursday, March 27, 2014

farewell to a dancer



Today, a dear friend sent a simple text.
My Rob

http://obit.foxandweeks.com/obitdisplay.html?id=1352492&listing=Current

Marilyn


After years of dialysis for malfunctioning kidneys, her dancing - and life - partner had departed for brighter dance halls than we have on this Earth.
I was shocked.
Rob would have been 60 this year.
The last time we all spent together was on New Year's Eve of 2007. I was determined to end that year on a high note, dancing the night away to the jazzy tunes of Eat Mo' Music! After all, I knew all the guys in the band, knew their families, and I wanted to definitely head into 2008 beside people who knew me! I invited Marilyn, she brought Rob, and she even fixed me up with a blind date (Ed). We were all dressed up, with high heels, too, and it was such a wonderful evening!
I'm glad we have that memory to brighten today.

No comments: