Thursday, March 6, 2014

una postal de Barcelona


A couple of weeks ago,
one of my gifted former students,
and current fb friends,
placed an invite in her status line:
to all who would like
a postcard from her
in Spain,
provide your address.
Of course I did so!

Today, when I returned from a nephew's 6th birthday celebration in Beaufort, Barcelona was in my mailbox.
Que bueno!
Even more so was the message on the card.

2.20.2014
Hello from Spain!
Have you ever been here?? If not, put it on your "TO DO ASAP" list. It's lovely... I'm sure they could use a good chemist. :)
Research this cathedral [Basilica de La Sagrada Familia] - it's made by a local named Gaudi. He died in the early 1920's but he was a genius. Everything had to balance each other out - not unlike a chemistry equation. Each piece works together carefully & beautifully.
I love that.
I hope you're thriving & taking good care of your students! Rest assured - you're a fun teacher! Learning under you was contagious. What I'm learning now is how important it is to travel & see the world.
Eat well & play hard.
p.s. I passed the NCLEX! I'm a nurse!
{><} Jill


Not only had she taken the time to make good on her invite to a travel postcard, she had taken the time to let me know her high regard for me.
Wow.
She's a really fabulously smart, beautiful, and good-hearted student - I am so pleased she is doing well and look forward to the next time our paths cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Universe theuniverse@tut.com via tut.ccsend.com

Mar 7

to me

And on Friday, The Universe said, "Yo! Ho! Ho! It's time to have fun!"

Whereupon IMAGINATION was invented... and there was a huge gasp among the angels. For it was clear that the reins of power in time and space had been passed to those so blessed... and that they would be left to discover this for themselves.

And it was really good.

Happy Anniversary, Faustina!
The Universe