After what seems like forever, Two First Posts officially has a manager of the restaurant and bar at this location - hallelujah!!!
I'm so thankful that Doug has persisted in putting his legal expertise into that contract, and that I was able to lend my proofreading skills to it.
Kat had even engaged Brenda to rewrite some portions, but those met with the approval of all there tonight - hallelujah!!!
We actually had a pretty good crowd: me, Doug, and Joe Cetti for Post 36; John Parker, Sabrina, Brenda, and Eric for Post 500; contractor Justin; and Kat and Mike for the JKLM Enterprises team.
Sure sounds like a quorum to me!
The others agreed and once the contract was revised for the last time and printed, both parties for JKLM signed it, as well as the President of TFP (Doug Andrews) and proxy Vice President (John Parker).
Surely opening the doors of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Barbeque & Grill can't be too far distant now!
The tray needs another coat of paint, but it does dress up the joint!
He's to pour a concrete pad for the dumpster and the grease trap, then install a fence around it to keep out any riffraff.
The green ones are key lime cakes, the red are red velvet cakes, and the dark orange are sweet potato cakes.
I had been concerned that they would be crazy sweet, but, to my delight, they were actually quite good and hardly sweet at all!
I had one of the sweet potato and one of the key lime.
Oh, one more thing: Eric and Doug found my NFCU koozie!!!
I had left it there about a month ago, at the meeting when Doug had brought sandwiches and Kat had the kids with her.
I had put it down, with my almost empty water bottle, to help clean up.
Then, I'd been distracted by trying to remember to take a photo of the street light pole so I could report it.
And just look at it now!
Such a nice light there in the parking lot, isn't it?
What else was there of interest at this meeting?
Brenda and Eric met them at an American Legion meeting in Columbus and was quite impressed with the fundraising abilities of their gaming machines.
So, Craig Franklin, the co-founder of that group, came in with the district guy (Sam) and the local guy (Addie) to talk of the different possibilities.
Here's the important part: Two First Posts gets 43.5% of all income from the gaming devices, free and clear.
The partnership is in conjunction with Georgia Lottery, who gets 13%, with the other 43.5% going to Eagle Global.
All we have to do is deposit the cash from the game players into the TFP account; then, every Wednesday, Georgia Lottery will remove 56.5% (their cut and EG's cut) and we just watch out bank balance grow.
Sounds pretty sweet, right?
We would have to invest in the rental of a minimum of two machines from Georgia Lottery, as a cost of $125/machine/year.
I do hope we'll vote to do so next week, though I've let all know I will be on a cruise, so they'll have to do so without me.
(smile!)
I do feel that we've accomplished so much tonight!
Let's keep that momentum going!





No comments:
Post a Comment