A day of pomp and circumstance, of course!
But first, breakfast with my peeps at the High Tide Market after a few minutes enjoying this view in my cabin!
Today I dined on Belgian waffles with orange marmalade, as well as pancakes with sliced ham - just what I needed to get some energy!
I was the first one up and I managed to snag a table for 6 for our party of 5 - perfect!
My next stop was the Euphoria (Deck 8-mid) for a game of "Name That Tune" with Cruise Director Terry Ann Barrett!
The first thing she did was ask me where her "friend Chloe was, and her sister, Miyah" - how about that!
They made quite an impression when they hugged her last night after the variety show!
Part of that was their closeness in age to her daughter, who is 8, and is living at home in Jamaica while her mom works on the Paradise for 3 months.
I had to tell her they were still at breakfast, but they joined us before the game was done, so that was good!
As for the photo, the folks as dancing to "Cotton Eyed Joe" while the contestant who guessed the song is singing it for an extra point.
Very much a lot of fun to watch!!!
Christina and family went down after that to change into swimwear.
The "Salute To The Heroes" was coming up in the Euphoria, again with Terry.
Recognize that setup, with that little table and empty chair?
That's familiar to everyone in the American Legion, regardless of which branch of the service, as the spot for the MIA service member.
I'm going to have to share that with Post 36 and Post 500 at home!
Then came the big part of the celebration: the parade of the flags that represent each branch, as well as a brief narrative of their mission.
They even included the Coast Guard, the Emergency Responders, and, as I recall, the National Park Rangers.
That was very nice!
I turned down the first one, saying that I couldn't drink...
but when they came around again, I accepted that $15 gift.
As my first alcoholic drink since I was diagnosed with A-fib, I can state this for certain: either that was a strong drink, or I'm a lightweight now!
I suspect a bit of both was true.
After just a couple of sips, I decided that food was needed to offset that dose of tequila, so up to Deck 10-mid I went.
I headed straight for Mexican Cutie Cantina, as it's Taco Tuesday!
Yes, that was a very good way to get back to me again!
My next plate was from the High Tide Market, fetching some Jamaican fish, Pollo adobo, and pork loin with lemon.
I sat with a trio from Panama, of all places, and we talked - kinda sorta - about life there in Colon and Panama City.
See, only Isabel spoke any English, and that was sparse.
Glad I had a chance to pull out my high school Spanish from Mrs. Gary!
Then I bopped back down to the Euphoria for "Charades With The Fins Up Crew" and found Christina and Anthony there!
She'd dropped off the girls at the Parakeet Club, so it was just us adults.
She and I each took a turn trying to get the other to guess -
me trying to be "Minions", her contorting as an "Elf", with no help from Anthony either as a guesser or a charade artist -
and didn't win a free margarita at this game, but still had fun.
Then she had to collect the girls and I went off to the "Love & Marriage" Game Show at the Stars On The Water Theatre (Deck 8 Fwd).
That was only for 18+, so they went off to the "Family Parrot Quest" with Pete The Parrot over at Keys On The Water Lounge, at the opposite end of the ship (Deck 9 Aft).
Cruise Director Terry hosted the game show, eventually getting four couples on stage with varying amounts of time together: 51 years, 34 years, 28 years, and 3 days.
Such newlyweds they were!
His answers tended to be the raciest, so it was good the children weren't there and were off chasing parrots!
At game's end, they were all announced to be winners and each won a free future cruise with Margaritaville At Sea - woohoo!!!
I managed to beat feet back over to the Euphoria Lounge just in time for the 5:30 PM "Captain's Margarita Toast"!
All of the ship's officers were introduced and lined up in formation behind Captain Dimitrios Papatsatsis...
and all of the spectators of age were given -
that's right! -
a free margarita to drink with him!
Again, I took a couple of dainty sips, then put it down.
Then she and Miyah and Chloe headed over to "Strike A Pose" for the free photo shoot, that had no strings attached.
Just look at them vogueing it up there!
Then we all headed over to Fins Dining - not to be confused as the 'Fine Dining', lol! - for some elegant fare!
The good news was it was right beside Euphoria Lounge, so no need for elevators or traipsing off to another end of the ship!
I started off my four-course dinner with the Trinidadian Vegetable Curry, which followed the bread lead-off.
Then, for my entree, I chose the Antigua Shrimp - ah, fond memories of a much earlier cruise in the Caribbean that visited that lovely isle!
(I think that was in 2006? Or was it 2004?)
I finished up tonight as I had last night with the Key Lime Sponge Cake.
Jimmy Buffett is right - sponge cake is quite delicious!
Then it was time to work off that meal and take a hike.
I'm not kidding!
We went from Deck 8 mid, to Deck 9 Aft, to the Keys On The Water Lounge, where they had been for the Parrot search.
That meant going through the casino, which is huge!
At least we had a sunset waiting for us at the Lounge.
First up for our group were Chloe and Miyah.
It was originally going to just be Chloe singing "Party In The USA", with Miyah as her back-up dancer.
However, the emcee encouraged Miyah to take the microphone...
and off they went, singing and dancing and never once looking at the screen for the words of the song!
Hahahaha!
"Barbie Girl" - hahahaha!!!
Honestly, every time I see anyone do that song, my mind flashes back to Sam Johnson singing it at his birthday fundraiser!
Good times, good times, so long ago.
More good times were to be had tonight, though!
No time for me to sing a song as we needed to go back through the casino, catch an elevator to Deck 8, then bop over to Stars On The Water Theatre (Deck 8 Fwd) for the entertainment!
"Showtime Radio Margaritaville Live At Sea" was set to begin at 9:30 PM.
This time we had second row seats, in the reserved section, courtesy of Cruise Director "Auntie" Terry, who was serving as the D J tonight.
All music was provided by the Fusion Groove Band for all the song and dance routines up there on the stage.
My favorite was the skit for "A Pirate Looks At Forty", one of my favorite Buffett tunes, especially as I've gotten older.
We hung around for the girls to greet Terry when she came out of the D J Booth and guess what?
As well as hugs, she had gift bags for them!!!
Then she and the girls had a photo session in the D J Booth and even invited Christina up there for the fun!
How very nice for sweet dreams!
Christina and family headed back to 4024 (Deck 4 Fwd), but I said I was going to change into my Spring Dress and go dance!
The "White Hot Neon Nights" shindig had started at 10:30 PM at Keys On The Water Lounge and I was excited when I'd heard about it on fb before the trip.
However, now that it was 'go' time...
and knowing how far off that lounge was...
and my right leg letting me know it was too tired for shenanigans...
I opted to give it due consideration before I set off.
What a sweet and funny crab!!!
The schedule of events for tomorrow was waiting with it, tempting me to sit a minute and glance at my options for Wednesday.
After all, I'd have the day to myself, as they were going onshore to swim with pigs at some beach.
Seriously.
So, I sat... and before I knew it, I was asleep!
Sweet dreams of pirates and key lime sponge cake!

















No comments:
Post a Comment