Monday, July 27, 2026

christmas fun for my return from the cruise!

No less than four of the programs I watch all had Christmas themes!
The ones on PBS, the ones on AntennaTV, it just seemed they'd had a meeting and decided that was needed to welcome me home!
 
"My Life Is Murder", the one with Lucy Lawless as a police consultant in Australia, was the first I watched.
That episode was "Silent Lights" and concerned a death around Christmas time, with a man falling off his roof.
The neighbors insisted it was an accident, but his wife insisted that one of them had killed him somehow.
Get this: it was the 25th episode of the show!
Sounds like Christmas to me (even though it originally aired Oct. 2, 2022)!
Next up was "News Radio" with an episode from Season 2 that originally aired Dec. 19, 1995.
Clearly, "Xmas Story", meant for a US audience, aired at the right time for that annual festival of lights!
Everyone gets ball caps from the billionaire boss, causing quite a stir.
To complicate matters, 'Bill' is having a rough time with the lobby Santa, who keeps threatening to kill him.
Yes, hilarity ensued from the misunderstandings!
Then in the line-up was "Just Shoot Me!", this time from Season 6, and was the last episode before their Christmas break.
Airing Dec. 13, 2001, "Christmas? Christmas!" is one I actually watched twice!
That's because it had real-life Ray Liotta as himself, the 47-year-old movie-star cousin of the nerdy mailroom clerk (who is the actor who plays the geologist in "TBBT", Brian Posehn, whose last name on this show was 'Liotta').
Already I liked it!
Then Ray turned out to be a Christmas fanatic, with lots of traditions to share with 'Maya' as he whisks her into a holiday romance - most excellent!
Of course I watched it twice!!!
The last of the quartet came from "Midsomer Murders" (which, in the USA, always runs as pairs of 45-minute episodes to solve the case). 
Aired January 4, 2004, in merry old England, as a post-holiday treat I'm sure, "Bad Tidings" starts off with a college secretary getting killed, then a retired doctor.
What secrets had they been hiding all those decades?
Very much a good who-done-it to stir up the gray matter!
My thanks to the Universe for those...
I have really enjoyed them! 
Now, off I go to Music Bingo!!! 

No comments: