What better way to end the month than a Western musical?
Especially one with lots of shoot-em-up action!!!
I won't spoil the fun by naming names, but the body count adds up, with two dead in Act 1 and another in Act 2.
Plus there are a few stray shots along the way!
Thankfully, there's a Columbo-style detective named 'Frank Cioffi' - performed fabulously by Carson Brown - who's on his best game during these two nights with the actors of "Robbin' Hood", a little musical with Broadway dreams.
Scored by 'Georgia' (Megan Borges) and 'Aaron' (Naomi Antoine), once-wed but no longer, the show gets panned by local critic 'Daryl Grady' (Ben Tatom) of the Boston Globe, dashing their hopes of finally making it to the bight lights of New York City.
Did I say panned?
He hated all of it except one part: that of the lead's understudy, 'Niki' (Genevieve Perry), who he spurned when she thanked him for that favorable review.
The cop, however, really took a shine to her and they have two wonderful numbers, the real-time "Coffee Shop Nights", and the fantasy dance scene, "A Tough Act To Follow" - loved those!
Oh, I just realized I never said this musical's name!
That would be "Curtains: School Edition", a modern musical that first graced the boards of Broadway in 2007.
And guess who originated the role of the cop?
None other than David Hyde Pierce!!!
Oh, yes, that's right: the little brother of TV's 'Frasier Crane'.
Honestly, I think Carson Brown did a superb job as the Boston cop!
Kudos to all for nailing this show in a scant two weeks of rehearsals!!!
I'll be looking forward to seeing these 9th to 12th graders in future productions at the Savannah Children's Theatre this coming season!!!
Special kudos to Carmen Titus, Katie Grace Lanier, Reagan Barnard, Ella Nixon, and B Cela.
I know I've seen y'all before and so looking forward to more!



No comments:
Post a Comment