Friday, February 27, 2015

yours in the double bond, y'all!


Just now, I finally completed updating my profile in the upcoming new edition of the directory of Alpha Chi Sigma brethren.
Woohoo! i even got it done before the deadline!

Here's what I wrote:

"After graduating from FSU in 1996, I moved back to my hometown, Savannah, GA. Fall of 2014 was my 20th anniversary of teaching survey chemistry to "those scared to death of it" at my alma mater. Sure, I've taught other courses, too, but none have brought as much reward as has my contact with the future nurses and radiology technicians.

Since my divorce in 2007, I've been reinventing my life and rejoining old pursuits. That includes more involvement in AXE, of course! I attended my first national Conclave this past summer and very much enjoyed meeting brothers from all over the USA and reconnecting with others! I look forward to more enriching friendships as time progresses ever forward.

I have been a brother for more than 25 years, getting my start with Gamma Beta at FSU during my years there. Since 2012, I have the honor of being a Brother For Life; my stepfather's death had given me a little "free money" and I, in turn, invested that in the Reserve Fund to help promote the future of this grand fraternity.

Yours in the double bond, y'all!
"

Short and sweet... just like me!
(smile)

And here's the photograph I included. This was taken back in...2012?...no, 2011... when the Armstrong Alumni were going to East Broad Street School every month to read to the first-grade children. This shot was taken on a special day celebrating the works of Dr. Seuss, whose writings I have long enjoyed.

"chemistry of green eggs & ham"
That was the caption I submitted. Nice, n'est-ce pas?
(smile!)

No comments: