Thursday, September 1, 2016

high school reunion - coming to a beach near me!



I had been concerned that the fortieth anniversary of my high school graduation would come and go with no fanfare.
No worries!
Several of my classmates, two of which I am still in contact with through the Book of Face, have rallied to the cause!
It began rather quietly, a couple of months ago, with a group formed for the 1976 H.V. Jenkins class.
Then the momentum began in earnest about a month ago.
The query went out:
"Was anyone interested in a reunion?"
That was met with a thunderous :"YES!"
Now, the date has been set for October 8th.
Dinner will be at an Italian restaurant on the beach at Tybee, with music by a local duo who have ties to someone on the planning committee. There's even a deal on room rates, for those who want to stay over rather than face a late-night return to Savannah.
That will include me! What a treat to be able to have wine with dinner with no worries about the drive home!
The card contains my check for the grilled salmon.
What an appropriate scene, n'est-ce pas?
Hmm, perhaps, instead of the fallback French, I should have used a different phrase.
Non รจ vero?
Yes, that is definitely better!
(smile)

1 comment:

Cathy of Reunion Planners said...

Cathy Lewis
October 5 at 5:37am

Good Morning from Tybee Island. Unfortunately Hurricane Matthew has moved west and closer to Tybee Island. The reunion committee has decided to reschedule the 40th reunion. Please stay tune for the new date. Thanks for all the support and excitement. Stay safe everyone.