Saturday, November 12, 2016

psychotronic zombie!


I know zombies aren't supposed to grin, but I just couldn't stop!
At 1:00 PM sharp, I was at Lake Mayer to pick up my race packet!
Yes, you heard correctly: race packet.
I was doing it again!
This time was to benefit the Alzheimer's Disease research. Having zombies present is rather appropriate, n'est-ce pas?
I know you're wondering if I've caught race fever from Kevin...
Well... maybe a tinge... but I don't run.
I walk.
Plus, the timing was excellent. Groupon had missed me and had sent a coupon for twenty dollars off the item of my choice. One of the first items to catch my eye was the 5KDeadRun, on a Saturday afternoon, right around the corner from me. "Run, walk, or jog", it proclaimed in the rules. Hooray! Between the Groupon price and my extra voucher, the seventy-dollar price-tag was cut to only nine bucks!!!
Besides the t-shirt and dogtag finisher medal, I could also get zombie make-up!
What great fun! I had never been a zombie before!
First, the base coat
was sprayed on.
That looks pretty
creepy right there!
(smile)

Then came the dark circles
around my eyes
and "sunken" cheekbones!
A bit of bloody veins
on the forehead, too!

Bloody spider veins
on my neck, too,
as well as dark shadows
of shrunken flesh!
(That tickled!)
(smile!)

Last, the bloody
I've-been-munching mouth,
created by
drizzling streams
of red Karo syrup
and then having me bite my hand!
Grrrraawwwrrrr!
(smile!)

He did a really great job,
didn't he?
Had some awesome
zombie tunes, too!
I was dancing
and dancing
there at the pavilion!

This was the race course!
I walked around it the first time with Diana and her mom, Martha, visiting from Arizona.
That took about 44 minutes.
My second lap, walked solo, was only 30 minutes.
Much better!
(I think I may sign up for the next zombie run in April, too.)

Afterward, even with the red stickiness in my hair, I just couldn't bear the thought of washing it all off.
I just couldn't!
I was having so much fun with that look!
Sooooo...
I kept it on for Roy's Annual Trivia Party!
That didn't begin until 7 PM, but by the time everything with the race was done, it was already after 5. Plus, I only had another hour before I needed to leave for Roy's place in Bluffton, SC....
Another reason to stay a zombie!
And so I did, staying in my bloodied race shirt, too!
Guess what?
Everyone liked it! Especially my trivia mates: Jim Reed and his squeeze, Amanda; Axelle and her man, Jordan; and sweet Melissa, stranger no more! Together, we were the Psychotronics! Woohoo!
Here's what we had in common: none of us were really trivia players, but we were all friends of Roy Wood and Heather, so that's how we really ended up there on a Saturday night.
Beginner's luck had us win the warm-up game!
Incredible!
And what did we win???
A package of moustaches!!!

I was the first to go ahead and don one, followed by the other women, then Jim. Jordan has a full 'stache and beard already, so he was set. We became the Psychotronic Moustaches!
We darn near won the real game, too.
Two more points...
Maybe next year!
Now, to shower and wash my hair before bed...
What a fabulous day!

i thank You, God!

9 comments:

Bill the artist said...

William Peterson
November 12 at 5:56pm

Never go to Merle Norman again!

Rhonda said...

Rhonda S. Curby
November 12 at 6:10pm

Okay, you're officially scary.

Sandy said...

Sandra Cherise Karlin
November 13 at 12:18pm

That's another reason I won't run...you look like a crazy-ass one eye zombie when you finish!

Kevin said...

Good lord woman, I leave you alone for three days and look at the state of you...

11/12/16 2:00 PM

niece Emily said...

Awesome!!!

11/12/16 2:03 PM

Jeff the ex said...

Funny! Edging around Toledo now, on the way to Georgia.

11/12/16 2:04 PM

Barbara Boo said...

I'm afraid to ask what you were doing.

11/12/16 2:19 PM

bfe Jeff said...

I hate it when that happens!

11/12/16 4:05 PM

nephew Michael said...

Wow u look amazing

11/14/16 7:15 PM