Thursday, November 17, 2016

fringe and tassels, working and thai!

This is a snippet from one of the two musicals the Savannah Stage Company will be performing this upcoming fifth season!!!
That's right, I said two musicals!!!
You know I'm in heaven about that, right?
(smile)
This scene is from "Working: The Musical", with songs from James Taylor and Lin-Manuel Miranda, among others.
I am so excited about it!
I'm already making plans to attend every production of the play!
(smile)
The teaser was performed at the Season Announcement Party at the Andaz Hotel. "Snack-sized" snippets from the other three plays were also performed, including the scene with the moon being lassoed, "Buffalo Girl" style. Yeehaw!

Afterward, I had about an hour until my next event downtown.
What to do for dinner?
Well, fortunately, I stepped into Ruan Thai Cuisine!
Is this not the most gorgeous plate of Nam Sod you've ever seen?
Tom Yum Gai was excellent, too!
I'll look forward to going there again - it wasn't as pricey as I'd heard it would be.

Then it was time to bop over to Club One for a game show, burlesque-style!
Hallelujah!
Kudos to Deb O'Nair for most creative use of shark hand puppet!
Kudos again to Deb O'Nair for most wonderful use of tassels, placing them on elbows and knees and not just the usual places. What marvelous twirling!!!
And Sallie B. Badd gets honorable mention for the hot pink and teal blue fringe on her third-round costume - shake, shake, shake it, baby!
"1, 2, 3, TEASE!" was worth the ten bucks, and more!
I hope to see more of these fine ladies of Savannah Sweet Tease in the future... I sure have missed going to their shows!

As I was returning to my car, at the square south of the Lucas Theatre, I was struck by this scene.
Moon above, holiday-clad lamp posts staggering across the park, and moss-laden oaks between...
what a serene and blessed setting to end my evening.

i thank You, God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings! I've been reading your website for a while now and
finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from
Lubbock Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!