Wednesday, March 13, 2013

hey (hey) you (you), get offa my cloud


Something has changed. Over the winter break, something in the dynamics of our friendship was altered.
Now, every time we get together, it ends with me getting fussed at.
Every bloody time.
No matter what I say, it gets his feathers ruffled and he pecks at me mercilessly.
Every bloody time.
Last night, as I was driving him home from a home-cooked meal, I finally got my nerve up and asked him about it.
I find it easier to tackle tricky topics when I'm not going to be staring at somebody while I'm doing it.
Or so it seems these days.

I'm glad I brought it up.
My opening the can of worms made him talk freely, too.
Apparently, I was contacting him too often. So, instead of talking to me about it, he would just ignore my texts. I would get my feelings hurt because I knew he was deliberately ignoring me.
And neither of us were actually talking about it when we were physically in each other's presence.
Crazy.

I do hope that is in the past.
I do hope he will let me know when I'm taking up too much space.
I am well aware of how easily I can become overwhelming to others.
All they need to do is let me know and I'll back off.
But no fussing at me just because you don't have the balls to tell me what is REALLY on your mind.
Friends don't behave that way.

No comments: