Monday, March 25, 2013

it's so tragic that i, in the prime of my life, cannot love someone living instead

Speaking of coincidences, here's another one.
Earlier this month (on the 9th), the peace Guy and I were both home on a Saturday afternoon, not doing anything in particular. I had popped my "Happy Songs" cd into the player and was listening to it while doing stuff on the computer.
Well, of course I'm singing along, since that is what I do.
At one point, the peace Guy comes into the room and says to me, "What on Earth are you listening to?"
You see, the line above had just been enthusiastically sung by me.
He apparently was not familiar with that Fossil tune. "Josephine Baker" is a quasi-mournful, cheeky song that always brings a smile to my face! Hence, it is one of my "Happy Songs"!
So, I explain that to him and he tells me about her - Josephine Baker - being featured in an animated French film.
Say what?!
Super cool!
He brings up the film segment featuring her and we both watch it together.
Super cool!
Then, four days ago, Cercle Francais is showing that film as their free monthly movie.
And I found out about it via an email.
And it was the first I had ever heard about them having free monthly movies, which they apparently do on a regular basis.
Like, monthly, during the school year.
And the movie was being shown on a Thursday, an open night for me.
You better believe I was there!
When the heavens throw a party for you, you have to go!

No comments: