Thursday, March 14, 2013

blessings on the road

I had no idea I was to be blessed today. I certainly did not expect to be blessed simply by being a patron of the EconoLodge on Corridor Z.
How very nice!
And to think I would have missed it had I not opened the guest handbook in the room I had rented for my immersion in Elvis culture in Brunswick. For whatever reason, I did open the guest handbook. I even read it.
I am so glad I did!

Here, in its entirety, is the welcoming message. I hope that you may read it and, perhaps, also benefit from the blessing.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Welcome to Our Guests

In ancient times, there was a prayer for "The Stranger Within Our Gates". Because this inn is a human institution to serve people, and not solely a money-making organization, we hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof.

May this room and inn be your "second home". May those you love be near you in thoughts and dreams. Even though we may not get to know you, we hope that you will be as comfortable and happy as if you were in your own house.

May the business that brought you our way prosper. May every call you make and every message you receive add to your joy. When you leave, may your journey be safe.

We are all travelers, from birth until death, we travel between the eternities. May these days be pleasant for you, profitable in society, helpful for those you meet, and a joy to those who know and love you best.

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Brunswick and the Golden Isles. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We are committed to giving you the best possible service and hospitality.

Ravi, Inc., management for EconoLodge

No comments: