Tuesday, April 16, 2013

over 10,000 served! wow!


When I logged in to my blog, I found I'd had 10,011 views of my posts. That's incredible.
True, many of the views are drawn in by my titles, expecting something more lurid than they'll find here.
Those views still get counted.
True, many views are from spam sites, whether driven by bots or people. They're looking to plant their flags on my beach, that's all.
Those views, also, still get counted.
Sometimes, my family, whether by blood or by choice, find their way to my beach, to take a little stroll along the waters of my mind.
I enjoy those visits very much, even if a note is not tacked to a piece of driftwood for me.
Those views definitely get counted.

But I still say that this blog is written mostly for me. This particular beach, available to me any time of day or night, gives solace to my soul and entertainment of my thoughts. This beach is here for me to jump and shout, to rant and rave, to praise and be thankful. I carved out this bit of ether and called it mine: I did that.
I do hope visitors have enjoyed the view.
Believe me, more treasures will dot these shores. A bit of flotsam, too, maybe even some jetsam!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Hi. I'm here doing a little research on Savannah and coastal Georgia. Planning a road trip down along the coast through northeast Florida, then to the Panhandle. Been enjoying your blog.

faustina said...

Thanks!
Lots of great places to go. Be sure to take the A1A - great views and there's a ferry, too.
In JAX, check out Lubi's for fabulous loose-meat sandwiches. The cherry limeades are excellent, too.