Saturday, February 9, 2013

blue sky!

I was up about 7:30 this morning.
Yep, that would be 7:30 in the A.M.
On a Saturday.
Say what?
Yep! I was hunting for Island Treasures, with my bfe and some new folks, and we were to convene at the convention center on Jekyll at 11 AM.
After breakfast, I picked him up and off we drove! Running a bit late, but not badly so. And this time, we made damned sure we did NOT continue on to Macon.
(smile!)
Nice to have inside jokes!
So, we made it there in plenty of time, the second car to arrive, under beautiful blue skies and a brisk breeze. And we all introduced ourselves and I saw one person I knew from another group and then I met someone from one of the other new groups I've joined.
Nice!
And the bfe and I walked and talked on the low-tide beach, gazing into the tidal pools at the ripples of water and ripples of light and ripples of shadows.
And we walked and talked, taking pictures of driftwood and dunes, gathering bits of broken shells here and there.
Or maybe that latter part was just me.
And I now have a buck and a piece in sand dollars in the rear window of my car.
To bookend the broken baby horseshoe crab holding reign back there.
And the bit of freed coral from a barnacle.
And we walked and talked our way back to where the cars were patiently waiting. And some of the group were, too. And we all went to dine together at Fins on the Beach and had laughter with lunch over two tables.
And I have a free dessert coming to me for next time! (Thanks, Katie!)
And off we all went, to search for treasure among the whitened trunks and smooth, muscled, branches stretching, ever stretching, toward that blue, blue sky! And the bfe and I walked and talked, drifting through the pale forest, trodding near the water's edge, running our hands on those lovely curves of the limbs and rough, shell-encrusted tusks rising from the surf.
Or maybe that latter part was just me.
Or maybe just mostly me.
(smile!)
Then it was time for tea and guess what? Almost all of the group went! Victorian High Tea, thank you very much, with a choice of loose tea or bagged, of various flavors, too. And blueberry scones with lemon curd or orange marmalade! And lovely, lovely little cakes and tarts with chocolate or almonds or cream or all of the above!

After a second round of photos to document the occasion and aid our memory with names, we all took our leave of each others company and headed back home.
What a wonderful day!
And now, off to karaoke I go, with others who Live Out Loud!

No comments: