Thursday, February 28, 2013

unexpected fireworks

Tonight has been a fitting way to end a week of conflict. In fact, it was a fitting way to end the entire month of February, which has been a major burr under my saddle, leaving me in tears far too often.
This evening, the last of the concerns was aired, discussed, and resolved.
And as I prepared to return home from downtown, I got fireworks.
Lots of fireworks.
I'm thinking they were meant especially for me.
I drove down to the river, to be closer to the bursts of red and yellow and green.
I expected to see lots of folks down there, enjoying the show above the water.
I saw no more than ten people.
They all seemed as surprised by the display as I was.
After all, this was a Thursday night.
Just another Thursday night.

I'm thinking they were meant especially for me.
Although I will allow that maybe some of those other folks also deserved a special touch to end this thankfully short month.

No comments: