Wednesday, February 20, 2013

copernicus kiss

Earlier, my ex sent me a message about the doodle of the day at Google. He does that from time to time, if it's one he knows will appeal to me. I always enjoy those doodles and, also, that he is looking out for me in that way.
Very nice.
Anyway, here is the transcript of out "conversations" concerning that day's doodle. Jump onboard the train of thought and hold on!

Tuesday, 19 February:
him: Today's Google doodle is really nice. It's an honor of Copernicus. It's animated but not interactive.
me: How cool! Nice planet action!
him: Please excuse the grammar. The dictation mode doesn't always work well. You should have seen what it originally called "Copernicus."

Wednesday, 20 February:
him: I have a new phone and your pic is you eating Buddy's pizza.
me: Good times! I'm glad I was able to see you this summer.

him: Yesterday, Copernicus was "caipirinha kiss" ... I was shocked to find that this knew what a caipirinha was.
me: My bff was just telling me how her smart phone has spelling problems, too, with odd words instead of more common.

him: Yes. Speaking of Sam, I had my first caipirinha when we all went to Fogo de Chao.
me: Okay, I just looked that up. It sounds like a mojito made with something called cachasa.

him: Very close. Cachasa is a raw Brazilian rum that tasted of banana oil, last time I had one.
me: I don't recall that at all. Where?

him: Yeah, Atlanta after we decided the line was too long at the aquarium.
me: Oh! That's been a long time! Did you ever make it back to the aquarium?

him: No, that was my one and only time there.
me: You should make a trip of it sometime. It's a very nice place, though the one in Chattanooga is still my favorite.

him: Oh, that was a good time! Remember when Z broke that squishy toy and got goo all over himself? We all laughted and laughed at him!
me: Oh, I remember that! Poor little boy!

him: Yeah, but he had been warned. Then BOOM!
me: hahaha!

It's really nice to have people who have known me for such a long time.
I need those roots to bind me to Earth.

No comments: