Thursday, February 14, 2013

valentines


Tonight, I had a fresh, heart-healthy meal for dinner. It was a special Valentine to me, one I have anticipated all week. Fresh mustard greens, spiked with plain white vinegar! Roasted new potatoes, seasoned with olive oil! Slices of turkey ham and a glass of sweetened milk!
Yum!
Later, I delivered the last of the paper Valentines I had addressed Tuesday evening and yesterday afternoon. Most went out in the post, heading to California, Virginia, Minnesota, but also to sites here in Georgia.
And I kept a few to deliver by hand.
Two were for the children my first niece and her husband are fostering.
One was for the first niece's younger sister.
And one for was my bfe.
Of course!
Dinosaurs!

As I said, I had SUCH great fun folding the origami paper, making the little finger game with the brightly colored figures of dinosaurs, monsters, cars, and robots. Oh, and the little sayings for the "prizes" written under the figures was pure, corny, Valentine's Day blurbs, like "you will get a TRUCKLOAD of hearts today!"
Takes me straight back to grade school!

Yep, I have had truckloads of fun for the past few days, giving pieces of my heart to those I love!

I'll close with a new quote I just found on the Red Cross site on this day of hearts.

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." - Rose Franken

No comments: