Friday, February 1, 2013

impossible things


For Mama to be able to sing with me, one more time.

For Daddy to tell me one more joke.

For my stepdad to discuss Sumerian mythology with me, one more time.

For my Grandpa to play devil's advocate with me in a debate, one more time.

For Grandmama to have one more adventure with me, betwixt hither and yon.

For my Uncle Jimmy to write one more poem inspired by our conversation about the moon, the stars, the clouds.

For my friend SamJ to plan our next trip to Dragon*Con or Universal Studios or Applebees again with me.

For Mother Pat to share her latest trip to Vegas or Hawaii or Tennessee with me, one more time.

Just one more time.


I do get so very soul-tired of wanting impossible things.
Tomorrow, I'll go see "Groundhog Day" at my favorite theatre.
And I'll wish I had that magical power, to retrace times past and share new moments with loved ones gone, gone, gone.
Impossible things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christopher Jean Soucy
Nov 23, 2018

Clinging to candlelit memories that are blown out in the minds of all others.

(Such a lovely sentiment that I have reposted it here from his post on fb.) fls