Monday, February 25, 2013

goth girlz


This is more like it. Last year for GGBD I was dragged, limply resisting, to a Science bowl, of all things. And then to French films. That part was not so bad; it actually inspired me to revolt by writing only in French. Not my choice of activity, yet, like I said, not too bad.
But this is more like it. A dark canopied lane, grey moss blowing like rain all around. If only the sky had been a bit more overcast. Alas. Still, quite goth and creepy, even if it was daytime when I was there.
My fingernails are a fright. I haven't had any decently dark polish for far too long. I haven't been able to go shopping for new polish because mom says we have to be careful of money until she gets a job. Seriously. Like, I guess she thinks nail polish is going to break the bank.
She says I have plenty of polish still in all the little jars I have.
She really did say that.
(rolls eyes and tosses hair)
She just doesn't GET it. The shiny black is what I need now. With the little streaks of purple clawing its way to the front from the crackles. Yeah, that would let everyone know what a superbly goth girl I am.
Instead, I'm stuck using the plain black with the same old gloss, not the new wet black, like pavement gleaming in moonlight after the rain. Just ... p l a i n ... b l a c k ... polish. How drab. Not goth at all, just drab.
I hardly dare to go outside. My hands stay hidden in the folds of my dark grey shawl. At least that piece of clothing has met with approval amongst those like me. Old-fashioned, but soft and warm and swirly. omG, did I just write SWIRLY?!!! Not good. I feel my very goth nature coming into question at the use of such a word.
Even if it IS true.
I simply must get some new nail polish soon.
My fingernails are a fright.

No comments: