Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2003 thanks, hai dang



First, let me say Thank You to the Universe for providing the play card which allowed me to obtain birthday gifts from Dave & Buster's. I was in Orlando for the Kopek-Davidson family reunion and had taken today to revel in half-priced games. Woohoo! now to amass enough points to get that trivia game of "The Big Bang Theory"!!!
Alas. I had brought a coupon for recharging my play card, but the coupon was not valid for half-price Wednesday. Drats. I would simply have to give it my best shot with the points still available on the card, I thought. I only needed another 1000 tickets to get the game...
So, there I was, playing new games, including this giant spinning wheel, trying to win those tickets. And there it was, camoflauged against the backdrop of the game: a play card.
What a coincidence! I quite probably would need more points to play and here was a play card, out on its own!
Of course, I waited for a few more plays of the wheel, using the card I have owned for years. I waited to see if the mystery card would be reclaimed by the kids playing in the area.
Nope.
Then it was mine?
I cautiously played a few rounds with it. It had more than 100 points on it! That would be enough for sure to help me get that game!
I moved on to another game, taking the card with me.
And found a beat up penny directly in my path.
Coincidence?
Secondly, I say Thank You to TI, the one who donated the play card for me. My Uncle Jimmy, Daddy, and my brother Ronnie always used that nickname for me. Perhaps Daddy is the one who left that 2003 penny in my path to reassure me that the play card was meant for me to "gamble" with, in his memory. Happy birthday to me!
I used those winnings for the trademark beach towel, the almost-the-right-color-orange frisbee, and the ZombiKeys, all shown above. Major kewlniss!!! The ZombiKeys are actually six "zombie head" key identifiers, in bright colors and with brains and blood - aarrggghhhhh!
(smile!)
Here's the amusing patter on the back of the package!
Don't be left for dead, use a zombie head!
You're being chased down by the undead horde and you've finally made it to the safety of your impenetrable, triple-locked fortress - but in the midst of the horror you can't figure out which key opens which lock!
The brain-starved living dead mob presses closer and you prepare for your last stand - why hadn't you scooped up a set of zombie keytoppers?

(smile!)
Thirdly, I again say "Thank You" to the Universe. I actually did have sufficient points on my play card to garner the needed tickets for the trivia game, as well as a card of Minion magnets. Woohoo!! Especially as I won a whopping 1000 tickets on a classic-style game, one in which a soft mallet was used to drive the lights up to a target. I know that was not my hand guiding the hammer! Thanks also my guiding my eyes to the young woman gathering an armload of tickets from the game, making me think maybe I could do the same - and then for making it so!
lastly, I say "Thank You" to my huggable friend, Hai Dang. If he had not gone with me on a zombie-killing expedition in January, I might still be avoiding the ticket-dispensing games and the Winners Circle at Dave & Buster's. He was in pursuit of a giant gorilla and enlisted my aid. I played the pirate tresure wheel game and won 1000 tickets in my second spin!!!! I gave the winnings to him, as well as the next 1000 tickets the same machine granted me in February, when I again passed that way, with my dear first niece. So my thanks for the ticket fever!
But I think I am done now.
Maybe.
(smile!)

No comments: